The Wall, as it is commonly known in the Club, is named after Dutch photojournalist Hubert “Hugh” van Es (1941-2009). Hugh was president of the FCC (1982-1983) and started the FCC Wall Committee which now organizes monthly changing exhibitions on the back wall of the Main Bar. Over the years the Wall has featured many great works by photographers and artists. Exhibition proposals (by members or non-members) can be submitted to the Wall Committee for consideration. The exhibitions are open to the public from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily.
The Human Rights Press Awards are run by the FCC, Amnesty International Hong Kong and the Hong Kong Journalists Association. The 22nd annual awards will be open for entry from January 1, 2018. Click here for more details.