11 April 2018
NOTICE OF AGM
TO ALL MEMBERS,
NOTICE IS hereby GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of The Foreign Correspondents’ Club, Hong Kong will be held at the First Floor, North Block, 2 Lower Albert Road, Central, Hong Kong on Thursday, 24 May 2018 at 6:00pm for the following purposes and to vote on proposed new Articles of Association detailed in the special resolution hereby attached:
- Approval of the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 25 May 2017;
- Approval of the President’s report;
- Approval of the Treasurer’s report;
- Approval of the audited financial statement for the year ended 31 March 2018;
- Appointing Baker Tilly Hong Kong auditor of the company to hold office until the conclusion of the next annual general meeting at a fee to be agreed by the Board;
- Amending the Articles of Association Article no. 8. Subject to Article 7, the rights and privileges of Members shall be personal to the Member, they shall not be transferable by his own act or by operation of law and shall cease upon his death or upon his ceasing from any cause to be a Member under the provisions of these Articles, save that the surviving spouse shall, at the discretion of the Board, be permitted to enjoy the rights and privileges that would otherwise attain to an Honorary Member for a period to be decided as a matter of general policy by the board, provided that the surviving spouse confirms they wish to take up this benefit within one year of the member’s passing. At the end of the specified period, these rights and privileges will cease at which point the surviving spouse will be invited to join the Club as a full member in the Journalist, Correspondent or Associate category as appropriate. The entrance fee will be waived but the surviving spouse will be subject to all other rights and conditions pertaining to full membership including the payment of monthly subscriptions;
- The inauguration of the new Board of Governors for 2018–2019 as per results of the election.
The meeting is open to ALL MEMBERS of the Club.
Under the Companies Ordinance, a majority of members representing at least 75% of voting rights of total votes cast is needed for the amendments to be ratified.
You are entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on your behalf at the AGM. We enclosed a proxy form for your completion. Please make sure your proxy attends the AGM with a completed original proxy form, and identification document, and hands it in to the relevant member of staff 48 hours before the AGM, i.e. by 6:00pm on Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
By order of the Board of Governors,
Florence DE CHANGY