Invitation for Tender: FCC Club Events Coordination Service
Invitation for Tender
The Foreign Correspondents’ Club, Hong Kong is looking for a suitable individual or company to carry out the following project:
FCC Club Events Coordination Service
Contract period: 1 November 2016 – 31 October 2017
Deadline for tender: Friday, 7 October 2016
FCCHK strives to provide a platform for distinguished speakers to interact with media and the membership from diverse professional fields.
The FCC is Hong Kong’s most prominent speaker venue. Over the past decades literally hundreds of speakers have had their say. Some have more to say than others, some say it better than others, but the speakers list at the Club over the years is a veritable who’s who of who-does-what-to-whom in Asia and the World.
A professional and experienced individual or company is therefore required to invite speakers who will be of interest to the membership, and coordinate between the Club and committed speakers on related aspects.
ROLE OF THE CONTRACTOR
- The contractor reports directly to the Professional Committee, and will liaise logistics through the Club management. Hence, contractor’s services are peripheral to the Club’s operation and are not integrated into it;
- Hiring helpers to fulfill the job requirement is entirely up to the contractor’s decision at its own costs, however it is expected to include the plan in the tender;
- Payment will be released on the following terms upon submission of invoice:
1. A payment for handling all monthly emails, agendas and minutes; and
2. A payment on event basis.
- FCCHK holds all copyrights to all materials, and retains final approval for all content before release. FCCHK also reserves all rights to add, edit and remove any content before and after release.
EXPECTATION ON THE CONTRACTOR
- Experience in working with journalistic organizations and media;
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Provide its own tools and equipment to carry out the project.
The Contractor is required to:
- Prepare flyers for each event;
- Attend each Club event;
- Play a role as the bridge between speakers and the Club;
- Revert ideas and thoughts of the Professional Committee to speakers in a timely manner, and vice versa;
- Prepare agenda and take minutes for the monthly Professional Committee;
- Complete ad hoc tasks assigned by the Professional Committee;
- Prepare a summary report of the project by 21 October 2017 to the Committee through the Club management. In the report it should include but not limited to all working files. Release of the final payment is subject to a satisfactory submission.
Interested parties please submit your tender & a copy of your business registration before the deadline to:
2 Lower Albert Road
Please quote reference code “ProfComm2016” and indicate “Tender for Club Events Co-ordinator 2016/2017” on your tender submission.
Any questions should be directed to the undersigned or our Administration Department Ms Joanne Chung at (tel) 2844 2830 or (email) [email protected]
Tel: 2844 2844 / Email: [email protected]