Invitation for Tender: Video & Sound Recording and Uploading FCC Club Events
Invitation for Tender
The Foreign Correspondents’ Club, Hong Kong is looking for a suitable individual or company to carry out the following project:
Video & Sound Recording and Uploading FCC Club Events
Contract period: 1 December 2016 – 30 November 2017
Deadline for tender: Friday, 28 October 2016 by 6:00pm
Filming and editing videos and sound recordings at Club events to a professional standard and uploading them promptly to the FCC website.
The FCC is Hong Kong’s most prominent speaker venue. Over the past decades, the Club has welcomed hundreds of guest speakers to have their saySome have more to say than others, some say it better than others, but the speakers’ list at the Club over the years is a veritable who’s who of who-does-what-to-whom in Hong Kong, Asia and the world.
In order for our members and interested parties from all over the world to be able to review these speeches, FCC records and posts the videos and sound files recorded in these events to the FCC website. Several hundred of the Club’s speaker events can now be viewed online and we aim to continue building this valuable archive.
ROLE OF THE CONTRACTOR
- The contractor reports directly to the Communications Conveners, and will liaise on logistics through the Club management. Hence, the contractor’s services are peripheral to the Club’s operation and are not integrated into it;
- Hiring assistants to fulfill the job requirement is entirely up to the contractor’s decision at its own costs, however it is expected to include the proposed plan in the response to tender;
- Payment will be released per event upon successful upload to FCC website and submission of invoice;
- FCCHK holds all copyrights to all materials, and retains final approval for all content before release. FCCHK also reserves all rights to add, edit and remove any content before and after release.
EXPECTATION ON THE CONTRACTOR
- Knowledge in operating multi-media software in order to film and edit videos recorded from Club events, to maintain and update the related web page on the Club’s website, plus associated social media platforms;
- Knowledge in working web and possesses HTML formatting skills;
- Basic archiving knowledge to maintain the video archive;
- Provide its own tools and equipment to carry out the project.
The Contractor is required to:
- Attend each required Club event to perform filming and recording;
- Upload the edited video and a synopsis of each Club event to the FCC website within 24 hours;
- Backup the recorded videos onto two hard disks provided by the Club when a new video is uploaded to the web. The hard disks shall be returned to the General Manager of the Club after every backup;
- Update Club events, announcements or other content as directed to the Club’s Social Media pages (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn);
- Keeping track of traffic and reporting monthly in person to the Communications Conveners at the meeting about video viewing records;
- Complete ad hoc tasks assigned by the Communications Conveners;
- Prepare a summary report of the project by 21 October 2017 to the Committee through the Club management. In the report it should include but not limited to all working files and access codes to any multimedia platforms. Release of the final payment is subject to a satisfactory submission.
Interested parties please submit your tender & a copy of your business registration before the deadline to:
2 Lower Albert Road
Please quote reference code “CCC2016” and indicate “Tender for Video & Sound Recording 2016/2017” on your tender submission.
Any questions should be directed to the undersigned or our Administration Department Ms Joanne Chung at (tel) 2844 2830 or (email) [email protected]
Tel: 2844 2844 / Email: [email protected]